Chorus Line: 713-444-9221
Chorus E-mail: chorus @ sbcglobal.net
HSC on the Web: dummy.address/grou/hsc/
This Week: Britten
Weds, Nov. 12 Piano Rehearsal (mandatory)
7 p.m. - 10:15 (?) Moores School Room 185 (band room)
Thurs, Friday Nov 13, 14 Orch. Rehearsal 7:15 pm on stage, Jones Hall
Sat. Nov. 15 Orch Rehearsal 10:15 a.m. on stage, Jones Hall
Sat. Nov. 15, Monday Nov. 17 Concert Call 7:15 pm, Jones Hall Rehearsal Room
Sunday, Nov. 16 Concert Call 1:45 p.m., Jones Hall Rehearsal Room (Men: dark suits and Chorus ties; Women: no collars or cuffs)
Next Week and onward
Tuesday Nov. 18 No Rehearsal!!
Friday Nov. 21 1st Christmas Pops Rehearsal
Sun. Nov 23, Messiah Rehearsal CANCELLED!
1st Messiah Rehearsal Tuesday, Nov. 25 Please note that the piano rehearsal for Messiah is now scheduled for Weds., Dec. 17. We will have a normal rehearsal on Tuesday, Dec. 16. The rest of the schedule remains the same.
Volunteers needed to help with chair set up tomorrow night! If you can arrive at 6:15 tomorrow to help with this, speak with Tony! Thanks!!
Christmas CDs for Sale TONIGHT!!
All Chorus members may purchase CDs for $10 apiece (cash or check only) at our rehearsals tonight at the break, and Dec. 2.
Messiah scores & marking sheets available tonight: see Tony Sessions! Scores can be purchased for $8 apiece, checks payable to AMC music. We are still waiting for the Christmas Pops music to arrive.
And speaking of Christmas..for those of you who may be leaving us after this concert until the New Year, here's a reminder to consider the Chorus Endowment if you are making year end charitable contributions at the end of 2003. Contributions to the Endowment made at this time will receive matching funds, and will be counted as part of our annual endowment campaign. Donors will receive acknowledgement in the annual program insert. Make checks payable to the Houston Symphony and indicate "chorus endowment" on the memo line. Checks can be given to either David Nussmann or Susan Scarrow, or contact Susan if you want mailing instructions.
New to the Chorus and need directions to Jones Hall? Maps are available on the Chorus table tonight.
A Few Reminders about Jones Hall Procedures
1. You will be asked to sign in by security when you enter. Please bring picture i.d.
2. You will ALSO need to sign in with the Chorus every night: on posted lists at the rehearsals, with Susan personally at the concerts.
3. Covered water containers are ok on stage for rehearsals, not for concerts.
4. Please turn off cell phones, beepers etc. for rehearsals as well as performances.
5. Please do not use the instrument case tables backstage. Musicians put their very pricey instruments on these, and we don't want to have one of our waterbottles involved with an accident with an instrument..
6. Please keep an aisle free when we line up backstage to take our place on stage. We are a very large chorus for this work, there is a chamber orchestra as well as the regular orchestra, and there is a boy choir backstage. Things will be very tight, and people will be walking through with instruments that are worth more than most people's annual salaries!!
7. Please arrive on the early side of our call times. As we are all learning, parking and traffic are getting increasingly hectic on Fridays and Saturdays. Reduce stress by arriving early!
Nov 11 2003
Add End Comment